Sunday 27 March 2011

Veganism Days 6 & 7

Day 6 and 7 haven't been very eventful food wise, I've managed the whole week without dairy though, so I'm very happy. That is unless I cave in between now and bedtime! I missed cheese a bit on saturday and spent loads of time looking at a cheese blog, which probably wasn't the best idea! I also went to Burger King with my boyfriend and really, really wanted chili cheese bites. Other than that though the last two days have been fine, although my PIC Laura caved (see below)

After failing to find my favourite super duper health and hummus salad (which also happens to be vegan) in Pret, I came home and used the leftover pastry from fridays pie to make and tomato and broccoli tart. I found some vegan parmesan cheese in my cupboard that I brought ages ago and sprinkled that on, which made the cheese cravings a bit easier.

Today I had a meal in prezzo, I checked the internet and luckily they had a full list of vegans meals. I had penne arrabiata and surprisingly wasn't tempted by the pizza. Then this evening, my good friend G held an evening of chocolate as part of her chocolate diploma (yes, that actually exists!) and she made me some vegan hot chocolate, which was really thick and creamy. If I had treats like that all the time it would make it a lot easier to be vegan.

This week has been fun, but I don't think I could ever be vegan full time because It's just too restrictive for me. I want to eat cheese and non-vegan cakes, but I've definitely discovered a new love for tofu and an addiction to potato waffles! I'm glad I did this week though because it's taught me that I can try new meals, and don't have to have cheese with everything. I think I'll add more vegan meals to my diet and if people can be 'flexitarian' then I don't see any reason why I can't be a flexivegan and have a few days a week eating vegan meals.

2 comments:

I love your food blogs! They're so good and versatile :) Glad you aren't turning vegan though as it would be v.difficult to replace cheese. For me anyway!xxx

Thank you! No I don't think I could ever give up cheese, I love it too much xx

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More