Tuesday 15 March 2011

Birthday!


It was my Birthday last friday and I had an absolutely amazing and food filled time! My mum got me the Terre a Terre cook book and Yotam Ottolenghi's Plenty, which I've wanted for ages. And then my boyfriend took me to Brighton to go to Terre a Terre, which was truly amazing! We had Arepas Corn Cakes with avocado smash & chilli chelly and Deep fried fat Parmesan green olives stuffed with lemon ricotta to start. The parmesan olives were absolutely to die for (though I'm not sure the bf thought so as he doesn't like olives! but hey, more for me) I could genuinely eat them every day.

then we both had Better Batter and Lemony Yemeni Relish which is: Soft buttermilk soaked halloumi dipped in chip shop batter, served with vodka-spiked preserved plum tomatoes, bright fresh pea mint hash with pickled quails egg, sea salad tartar and chubby chips, finished with lemony yemeni relish. The flavours of this dish really complemented each other, and it's nice to have something other than mushrooms or risotto! I especially liked the pea hash with the vodka spiked tomatoes, the tomatoes were so intense and it was offset by the subtle taste and texture of the peas. Surprisingly, this was the first time I've been to a vegetarian restaurant, but why not start with the best? Every thing about it was perfect, the service was outstanding and the food was so flavour full, I definitely want to go back one day!


It was definitely the best meal I've ever had and my meat eating boy friend liked it saying 'I could be vegetarian if I ate here every day'. Then on Saturday we had a kids party, with all the usual party foods cheese and pineapple on sticks, cold pizza (vodka) Jelly ect, which was amazing, although I was a bit too intoxicated to take any pictures or eat eat food (except the jellies!) And then my house mates made me this AMAZING Totoro cake! I think it's been my best birthday so far.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More