Friday 25 March 2011

Veganism Day 5

Day 5 has been good, apart from the fact that I feel bit rough from last nights wine. Simone and I decided last night that we'd have toaster waffles for breakfast (she even dreamt about them) So we had waffles and scrambled tofu again. Then for lunch we went to The Art House Cafe in Southampton, a small vegetarian cafe run by volunteers. I can't believe I haven't been before because it 10 minutes from my house, but no one ever want to go with me! I couldn't decide between Mexican style Mezze which is corn chips, salsa, bean pate, vegan cream cheese and generous salad or The Voluptuous Vegan, a platter of vegan cream cheese, bean pate, hummus, pickle, a big salad and toasted pita. But as earlier stated, I have a bit of a soft spot for nachos so went for the Mezze. It was nice to have a meal that I didn't have to make, and one that was so big with loads of different flavours.

Then for pudding I had warm vegan chocolate cake with soy cream, which made up for the horrible blueberry muffins from yesterday.

Then for dinner Simone and I made a vegetable and red wine pie, I can't remember whether it was Emma or Phoebe who taught me how to make this, as they both made it all the time, but every time I make it I think of them! We had it with mustard mash and it made a good hearty meal! There was a slight issue though, I had some pastry in the freezer and left it to defrost all day only to realise at the last minute that it had butter in it! So I had to rush to the shops to by the vegan puff pastry. Other than that it was a success.
(The pie is supposed to have a smiley face but it went a bit wrong!)

So apart from feeling a bit rough today, the veganism is going well. I'm looking forward to Monday though, I've already brought some Ben and Jerrys in preparation. I think the next two days will be the hardest because my boyfriend is visiting me for the weekend and we usually snack on lots of non vegan things together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More