Wednesday 23 March 2011

Veganism Day 3

So today I finally got to make tofu scramble, which I've been wanting to try for ages. It was as good as I'd imagined, it actually really tasted like scrambled egg! I made it by frying some leeks, asparagus and tenderstem broccoli in (vegan) sunflower spread. Then I crumbled in some firm tofu and seasoned with salt, pepper and mixed herbs and then added some soy sauce and fried for a bit longer. So yeah, it made a lovely brunch with some potato waffles and baked beans!

Not that this is really vegan food, but it was such a nice day today, so everyone was sat in the garden doing their uni work and just to make it a little but better we made some cider punch! To make it we just used cider, ginger beer and some fruit juice (grape, apple and raspberry) and then popped in some fresh fruit.

And for dinner today I made vegetable paella, which I've made lots of times before and is one of my favourite meals. It's so simple to make and full of flavour. You can use any left over vegetables and fry them up, then add some paella rice, cover with white wine until absorbed. Then fill up the pan with vegetable stock and leave to absorb on the heat, stirring occasionally. When all the stock is nearly absorbed pop in some frozen peas (I forgot to add the peas this time!), and squeeze some lemon in, then wait until all the stock is absorbed and serve with a wedge of lemon.
So other than that I have been snacking on crisps, hummus, olives and vegan short bread. My house mate has said that she feels a lot hungrier than usual, but I don't know if I feel the same as I'm a fatty all the time! She also went out for a meal today and ordered a pizza without the cheese, I'm very proud of her because I think I would have caved at that point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More