Friday 26 August 2011

Leek and Mustard Toad in the Hole

The first meal my boyfriend and I ever cooked together was toad in the hole (aww) and it's been our go to meal ever since. This time I thought I'd try something a bit different and as I am a full on mustard addict, I had to fit in in somewhere. So I ended up with this, the leeks and mustard go really well together and bring something a bit more exciting to the good old toad in the hole.


For 4 you'll need:
Olive oil
8 vegetarian sausages (I use cauldron)
2 leeks chopped
1 egg
100g flour
250ml milk
2 tsp whole grain mustard
Some veg to serve (and mash if you can handle it)

Like so...
  1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Get a large dish (big enough for 8 sausages) or a few small ones and pour enough olive oil in to cover the bottom, then scatter the chopped leeks over. 
  2. Pop the sausages on top and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
  3. While they're roasting, make the batter by mixing the flour, egg, milk and mustard together in a large bowl.
  4. After 20 minutes, pour the batter around the sausages and return to the oven.
  5. Cook for 40 minutes, until lovely and crisp on top. 
  6. Serve with vegetables of your choice and enjoy! 

I Shouldn't be allowed to serve food, it ends up looking like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More