Saturday 2 April 2011

Asparagus and White Truffle Oil Risotto

I absolutely love white truffle oil, I discovered it when I went to Borough Market with Emma, we kept going around 'trying' it from all the different stalls and I decided I definitely needed to get some at some point (it's just ridiculously expensive!). I got some from Oil and Vinegar in the end but still hadn't really used it for cooking, just on pasta, with bread ect.

I couldn't really think of what to put it in and searching the internet didn't hold the answer either. So in the end I thought I'd just try it with risotto and as asparagus is in season in April I got some good British stuff to put in it too!

It's pretty simple to make and you can do it without the truffle oil if you don't want to get some!

Ingredients:
1 onion chopped
40g butter
200g arborio risotto rice
100ml dry white wine
1 Litre vegetable stock
50g vegetarian parmesan (I used Sainsburys Italian hard cheese)
A bunch of asparagus tips sliced lengthways
A glug of white truffle oil

Serves 2

Heat the vegetable stock in a heavy based pan and leave on the heat while cooking the risotto. Fry the chopped onion in half of the butter for a few minutes until softened. Add the rice and white wine and cook until all the wine is absorbed. Then add a few ladles of stock, just enough to cover the rice and stir frequently until absorbed. Repeat this process until all the stock has been absorbed. When the risotto is nearly ready steam the asparagus for 3-5 minutes. Then when all the stock is absorbed add the asparagus, half of the parmesan and the remaining butter and stir well. To serve, drizzle with the truffle oil, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More