Monday 7 February 2011

Cake

I have decided to dedicate this week of my blogging life to cake, and baked goods. I've loved baking ever since I was little, when my dad let me wreck the kitchen for a weekend of (probably failed) experiments! A while ago my housemate and I made some cherry bakewells, they didn't have any marzipan but still tasted really good!


Ingredients:

For the pastry:
200g plain flour
100g butter
8 tablespoons water
For the filling:
50g self-raising flour
50g caster sugar
50g butter
1 egg
Cherry Jam
For the topping:
Glace cherrys
icing sugar

Method:

Blend the butter and flour together with your finger tips until it is like a breadcrumb texture, then add the water and mix until you have a firm dough. Kneed the dough for about a minute then roll out quick thick and cut 12 circles out with a cookie cutter. Place them in a buttered cake tin and fill with a teaspoon of cherry jam. Make up the sponge mix by putting all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing until combined. Spoon tsps of mixture on top of the jam and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.

Once cooled decorate with thick icing and half a cherry on top and enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More