Wednesday 9 February 2011

Vegan Muffins and Phoebe's Ice Cream



This post is dedicated to my friends Phoebe and Emma. This is mainly because both of them were meant to come over yesterday, and although only Emma did, we talked, as we sometimes do about when Phoebe used to cook for us. When we were about 15-17 me and Phoebe used to spend pretty much all of our time together. when I stayed at hers we would return in the early hours of the morning slightly intoxicated and I would slump either on her bed, or on her floor while she went away for what seemed about 5 minutes, only to return with some kind of gourmet meal. I miss these days so, so much and one thing that sticks out is what she used to make for Emma when she turned vegan, this weird coconut, mango ice ceam/sorbet. So here's the recipe:

2 mangos,
1 tin of coconut milk,
1 lime.

This is pretty simple really, blend the mangos and add the coconut milk and the juice of the lime and freeze. Then serve up with some fresh pineapple and passion fruit!


Emma made me a vegan chocolate and raspberry cake yesterday which reminded me that while I was being vegan for a week, I baked some vegan chocolate and raspberry muffins. I thought I'd lost the recipe, but Emma cleverly pointed out that it was on my fridge!

320g Plain flour
100g Cocoa powder
1tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
225g Sugar
460 ml Soy Milk
120 ml Oil
1tsp Vanilla extract
180g Dairy free chocolate chopped into chunks (I used 70% house dark from Hotel Chocolat)
1 box Raspberries

Makes 12

Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl (except Raspberries) and make a well in the middle. Add the wet ingredients and mix with an electric mixer until well blended. Then add the Raspberrys and mix in with a wooden spoon. Then spoon the mixture into muffin cases in a cake tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and spongy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More