Tuesday 22 November 2011

Christmas Cake

I was debating whether to update you on my first ever Christmas cake or not, because I thought this would probably be a pretty boring post, but then I thought what the hell. So here you go!

hehe boobies! 
Just out of the oven
I've still been baking along with The Pink Whisk and this was the first recipe I have ever followed letter to letter as after 6 weeks of soaking my fruit I really didn't want to mess it up! I have to admit it was the most technical baking I've ever done, but I think the result will be worth it. I made it about 3 weeks ago and have been lovingly feeding it brandy every few days. The only bad thing about this cake is that I want to eat it so bad and still have to wait a whole month.

half way through Brandy feeding
Hopefully the decorating goes well and I'll let you know how it tastes on Christmas day (provided I am not in a food coma).

2 comments:

Your cakes looking great ! And I feel really childish as the comment under your first image made me laugh haha ! :D

Hehe! I hope it tastes as good as it smells x

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More