Thursday 3 November 2011

Banoffee Pie

My boyfriend was supposed to look at my car this week and in return I said I'd make him his favourite desert, banoffee pie. 


He never looked at my car which is mainly my fault because I'm lazy and have a kind of don't fix it till it's broke attitude (which probably isn't the right attitude with a car but never mind), but I still had my heart set on making banoffee pie. This is the first time I've ever made it so I loosely based it on this recipe, and by that I mean I had it open on my iPhone and didn't really follow it at all, but it still turned out yummy. The only problem was that I didn't use one of those tins with the removable sides, resulting in two slices being thrown on the floor and trying to wrestle my dog away from a pie related death/stomach ache. Any way this is how we made it:

For a 24" pie you'll need:

250g hob nob type biscuits (I'm sure we didn't have 300g as Mike kept eating them and feeding them to my dog)
50g melted butter (there was only this much butter in my house)
1 tin of Carnation caramel stuff
2 bananas, sliced
350 ml double cream
1 tsp icing sugar
50g milk chocolate

  1. Put the biscuits in a food processor, blitz until they're all crushed and mix in the melted butter. Alternatively if you don't have/can't be bothered to find the food processor smash up in a plastic bowl with a rolling pin and mix in the melted butter. 
  2. Put the biscuit mixture into a round tin and press down so it's flat and even, then pop into a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes. 
  3. Let it cool down then pour the caramel over and top with the sliced bananas.
  4. Add the icing sugar and double cream together in a bowl and whisk until nice and thick, then spread over the top of the bananas. 
  5. Grate the chocolate over the top of the pie, leave to cool in the fridge for an hour or so and enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More