Sunday 9 September 2012

Cinnamon Sugar, Banana and Mango Pancakes

This morning I made myself a plan, an actual written out plan of what I should do, because If I didn't I knew I'd just stay in bed watching TV on my laptop and not doing anything all day. My plan was to clean my house, go for a run and something else that I can't remember and quite clearly have not done. I went on a mad cleaning spree last night (who doesn't love falling asleep to the smell of bleach) and I actually got up and went for a run. So I decided I definitely deserved a treat, a pancake shaped treat. I had some amazing mango and cinnamon crepes at Lushfest that I've been craving ever since and vegan banana and oat pancakes keep popping up on Pinterest; so I decided to combine the two together in to some monstrous cinnamony, sugary, bananay, mangoy, oaty pancakes. They tasted so good and I feel like they might be a bit healthier than normal ones (am I kidding myself?) AND best of all, because of the cinnamon they smelled a little bit like CHRISTMAS (which is nearly here you know). I based it on this lovely recipe here, but made a few little changes.


Makes 6 fat pancakes

100g oats
80g whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
350ml Almond milk (vegan Emma's got me addicted)
2 ripe bananas
1 mango sliced in to nice little chunks
4 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

  1. Stick all of the ingredients in to a blender (excluding the banana) and give it a good old blitz. 
  2. Use one of those cake spatular things to get the mix off to the sides, then add the banana and blend some more. 
  3. When it's all lovely and smooth, heat some oil in a frying pan and pour a ladle full in.
  4. Cook on one side until it starts to bubble, then flip it over and cook on the other side. 
  5. Stack them up and enjoy! They're good on they're own, but even better with maple syrup and berries.

2 comments:

NIce touch having yummy mangoes in the batter - no need for syrup!

Yeah it makes them very sweet! I still had syrup though... I couldn't resist!! x

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More