Monday 13 February 2012

Oh Vienna (and Wasabi Hummus)

This time 2 years ago, one of my favourite Gingers (Georgie) and I went on an adventure to Vienna. We picked Vienna based on the fact it was known for producing fine cakes, obviously a wise decision. The trip was a romantic (not really) whirlwind of cakes, hot chocolates, schnitzel, museums and my favourite thing of all wasabi hummus.

Beautiful Vienna, Naschmarkt, delicious flat bread and wasabi hummus.
Georgie and I are very similar in the way of liking to have lots of sleep and eating lots of cake so when we first got to Vienna we took a long nap, woke up at about 9pm and ventured out to see what we could find. Amazingly all the cafes are open until like midnight, so we had some dinner and then had a cake and coffee. It was an amazing trip and most things in my life tend to be, it was pretty focused of food! One of the days we were there, we went to the Naschmarkt, which was full of stalls selling loads of delicious foods. The first thing I had was some kind of amazing flat bread filled with deep fried vegetables, feta cheese, falafel, salad and yoghurt and mint sauce, washed down with warm mulled wine! We also picked up some wasabi hummus, and fresh olive bread to eat back at the hotel. I love wasabi and hummus so the two together were perfect. I've been thinking of making it since then, but I finally decided to get my act together and actually make it. It tasted as good as I remember and I brought some lovely fresh olive bread to dunk in it :) The hummus we brought off the market was bright green, but mine turned out a more hummsy colour, I suspect there was some kind of colouring in there somewhere. I still have loads of wasabi paste left and this recipe so easy I will definitely be making it again!


200g/1 small can of chickpeas drained
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 small garlic clove peeled
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp wasabi paste
  1. Put all of the ingredients in to a food processor and blend. 
  2. Scrape down the sides so that it all gets blended up equally. 
  3. When it looks hummusy serve it up with warm bread and vegetable crudites and enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More