Friday 18 April 2014

Tibits, London

Last week was wonderful, I took the week off of work to dog sit for 2 lovely pugs, went to Southampton for a surprise tea party for Georgie and best of all, the lovely people at Tibits invited me to go and try their newly refurbished restaurant, in Heddon Street Food Quarter, just off of Regent Street. I've heard loads of good things about Tibits and their self serve food boat, so I was really excited to go and eat there. I took my little vegan mermaid friend Hannah G, (she really is a mermaid, with long red hair and an intense love for the sea!) and after a beautiful day in London, we walked to the restaurant where we were greeted by a totally buzzing, lively atmosphere. The staff we're really friendly and after being seated we were shown the food boat, had the concept explained to us and set off to stack our plates with delicious looking veggie food!

I really enjoyed the experience of picking different dishes to load your plate with, everything on the boat looked so fresh and inviting that I wanted to try it all! We made an initial trip around the boat and then went for it. I chose the spinach quiche, with quite a few different sides (you can check out the menu here)! There were so many different dishes, there really is something for everyone. After choosing your food you take your plate to the counter and they weigh it for the price, a bit like pic and mix. You can order drinks at the counter too, we went for the special juice, which was super green and super delicious! Every dish on my plate tasted great and I loved the variety in flavours. Rather than being cheese heavy and overly rich, the food was light and there was loads of vegan options for Hannah G. I left feeling full in a good way, not a 'I need to take my clothes off for the journey home' way.


After our main we couldn't resist trying some pudding, I went for the panna cotta with a bit of vegan mango cream (seriously good!) and Hannah G went for the vegan sticky toffee pudding. Again you get your puddings from the food boat and take them to be weighed.


We both really enjoyed the meal and I loved the pay for your plate concept, because it means you can get as little or as much food as you want. My plate came to about £10.70 which I thought was amazing value for the amount of food I had. I'm not surprised they've just won Cook Vegetarians Best Restaurant award, it's definitely one of my favourites so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More