Friday 17 May 2013

Eggs Florentine with Asparagus

About 4 years ago a series of 'bad egg' events put me off of eating eggs, I've still been eating them in things, (mostly cake) but every time I try to eat them in pure egg form I manage to put myself off again. So last week armed with some fresh organic asparagus (I really, really love asparagus) I decided to give them another go. I used to love eggs florentine and my mum kept talking about making asparagus with boiled egg so I thought I'd combine them together for the best brunch ever! And that it was. I brought some really good eggs (which made me feel better about eating them) and as you can see I over cooked them a little bit, but I am an egg novice! So yeah, if you enjoy yummy vegetables and good eggs, I highly recommend this! 


Serves 2:

8 spears of asparagus
Salt and pepper
2 free range eggs
1 granary bap
200g spinach
2 tbsp hollandaise sauce

  1. Pop a griddle pan on to a medium heat and add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and griddle for around 10 minutes. 
  2. While the asparagus is cooking poach your eggs (I have an egg poacher, I have no idea how to poach them properly) to your liking. I did mine for around 5 minutes. 
  3. Split your bap in half, then toast to your liking. Then put the spinach in to a sieve and pour boiling water over it. Drain the water off and top the bap with the wilted spinach. 
  4. Top with the egg, then the asparagus and then cover in hollandaise sauce. 
  5. Yep it really is that simple! Enjoy. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More