Wednesday 13 June 2012

Butternut Squash and Garlic Goats Cheese Ravioli

After some subtle hints (e.g PLEASE BUY ME THIS FOR CHRISTMAS) Mr Hef brought me a pasta maker for Christmas. He was quite against this gift as he was sure I'd never use it.

sorry for the bad quality, my slr is charging!
Well, I proved him wrong. It may be 6 months since he brought it for me, but I proved him wrong none the less! Since I've had it I've known exactly what I wanted to make and I knew exactly what goats cheese I wanted to use for my squash and goats cheese ravioli. So after Daddy Hef took me to the farmers market last week, I finally had the missing key... Garlic goats cheese from wobbly bottom farm! (yum). I was slightly scared of pasta making, due to the fact I've never tried it before, but it was actually very straight forward. I used a Jamie Oliver recipe to make the dough and the only issue I had was that I made it a tiny bit too thick, so if you're making it at home keep it going through the pasta maker! 


For 4 people, you'll need.

To follow Jamies Recipe for the dough ;)
400g butternut squash 
350g garlic goats cheese chopped up
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Truffle oil and vegetarian parmesan to serve


  1. Make your pasta dough and pop in the the fridge to chill for at least 30 mins.
  2. While it's chilling away chop up the butternut squash, place it in to an oven proof dish, cover in olive oil, salt and pepper and pop it in to a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes. 
  3. When the squash is ready squish it all up with a fork, leave it to cool then mix in the goats cheese.
  4. Take your pasta dough out of the fridge and flour both sides, pass through the pasta maker on the widest setting 5 times, then keep passing it through smaller settings until it is nice and thin. 
  5. Pop the sheet on to a floured side and put a tea spoon of the squash and goats cheese mixture a few centimeters apart. 
  6. Brush the pasta with water and fold it over to cover the filling, then cup around the filling to make sure its in there securely.
  7. Cut your ravioli with a sharp knife, boil up some water, pop it in for 3 minutes then serve up with some oil (preferably white truffle), black pepper and vegetarian parmesan. 

3 comments:

I just stumbled across your blog - it's fab! Are you from Hertfordshire by any chance? I too bought some wobbly bottom goats cheese at the market last weekend but sadly it hasn't lasted long enough for me to try it in your recipe!

No, I'm from Buckinghamshire (which is close isn't it? My geography is terrible), I got it in Winslow. Their cheese is so good!! I'm slowly making my way through the whole range! I can't wait until the beginning of the month so I can get my hands on some more :D

I'm the same, I've bought it a couple of times now and tried a few different flavours. My favourites are definitely the black pepper one and the garlic one :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More