Wednesday 7 September 2011

Marmite and Mozzarella Dough Balls with Garlic Butter

I'm a massive marmite fan, I'm one of those people that puts it in everything. So while I was making my veggie lasagna (avec marmite of course) I decided to put some in my dough balls too. Cheese and marmite is always a winning combination in my eyes, so these are perfect for the avid marmite lover. I cheated and used a pizza dough mix because I don't full trust my bread making skills, but feel free to make up your own pizza dough from scratch if you want.


For 24 you'll need:

1 pack of pizza dough mix
50g mozzarella (excess liquid removed and chopped into 24 chunks)
Some marmite
50g butter
1 clove garlic minced

Balls waiting to rise

  1. Make the dough according to the instructions on the pack (but don't let is rise before turning in to balls) and chop the dough into 24 equal pieces.
  2. Take a piece, roll into a ball and flatten in your hand, then spread a little marmite in the middle and stick a piece of mozzarella on top.
  3. Roll it back in to a ball (incasing the marmite and cheese) and pop on to a grease proof lined baking tray, repeat for the other 23, then loosely cover with cling film and put into a warm place to rise for 30 mins.
  4. When doubled in size, pop them in the oven for 15 mins at 200 degrees.
  5. While they're baking make the garlic butter by melting the butter on a low heat, adding the garlic then turning up the heat for 5 minutes, until the garlic is cooked.
  6. Serve the balls straight out of the oven with the warm garlic butter and enjoy!
Cheese and marmitey goodness

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More