Saturday 21 July 2012

Teapots, Olney

It was Mummy Hefs Birthday yesterday, so I wanted to take her somewhere special (she's the best Mum ever!) and after much deliberation I decided that I wanted to take her for afternoon tea. The only problem is that I live in Milton Keynes, so there's not really many options. Then I remembered that years ago I had faced the very same dilemma with my friend and we'd ended up in this absolutely beautiful tearoom called Teapots in Olney. I checked out their website and saw they were offering a special afternoon tea, I was automatically sold and called up to book a table straight away. The lady on the other end of the phone was absolutely delightful and asked if we had any dietary requirements and they were more than happy to offer a vegetarian afternoon tea. I've also seen that there's a gluten free and dairy free option as well which is amazing!



The tearoom is beyond cute inside, it literally looks like somebody's living room from times gone by. It's decorated with vintage cameras, tea pots, tea cups, phones, pictures and a variety of other lovely vintage things. The staff are all very welcoming and the atmosphere is very calming and serene, perfect for enjoying a big old pot of tea and some home made cakes. 


The selection of vegetarian finger sandwiches was fantastic! My favourites were the brie and cranberry and the cream cheese and cucumber, but no matter how amazing the sandwiches were I couldn't take my eyes off of the cakes. The cake stand was filled with temptation... scones, victoria sponges, chocolate, cake, meringue and chocolate filled biscuits. I managed to eat it all (well apart from half a biscuit) and man was it good!


The whole afternoon tea experience was already fantastic, but then they brought out tiny eton messes to top it all off. It was the perfect end to the perfect afternoon tea, especially as eton mess is my mum's favourite desert.


It really is an absolutely wonderful place and I am now tempted to try and persuade Mr Hef that Olney would be the perfect place for us to live so that I can visit there all the time. Even if afternoon tea isn't your thing, there were lots of vegetarian options on the menu including pancakes and omelets. They also do vintage tea parties! I hope Mummy Hef had a lovely Birthday, here she is enjoying her cup of tea :)

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More